CRTC 2014-190 – ‘Let’s Talk TV’ (Phase 3)
The FMCC participated in the CRTC’s ‘Let’s Talk TV’ hearings about television services in Canada. Many remote and rural communities lack access to the digital infrastructure and services necessary to access broadcast programming on an equitable basis. Costs for digital services are high and choices are often limited in these communities, due to limited infrastructure and competition. We also point out that the ways that digital services and infrastructures are diffused in these regions provides unique and innovative opportunities for economic and community development.
Follow the links below to learn more.
- Information about the hearings (Notice of Consultation)
- FMCC intervention (submitted to CRTC on June 27, 2014)
- Schedule for public hearings in September
- FMCC’s oral presentation (delivered to the Commissioners via Skype on Sept. 19, 2014)
- Transcript of FMCC’s oral presentation and questions from the Commissioner (from Sept. 19, 2014)
- Final Comments (submitted to CRTC on October 3, 2014)